Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It doesn't really help...

I'm curious: What have you heard married people tell you that didn't really help/make you feel better?

My least favorite is this: It was when I finally became content with being single that God brought my husband into my life. If you can just learn contentment too then you’ll meet your husband.

I also hate it when people tell me they know that I'll get married some day. No they don't know that! Sometimes I feel more content about me being single than married people do. They have a hard time imagining that I'm ok!

1 comment:

  1. For me it isn't that they say that I will find someone. But more the inquiry if I am in a relationship. And the follow-up pity-laden comment. Oh yes, because I haven't been actively searching and/or fall for any being with a XX chromosome pairing, somehow that is a super sad thing. For me, if it is going to happen then it will. Maybe when I have more time perhaps I can concern myself with that business. For now though, life needs to be lived.

    ReplyDelete