Thursday, August 7, 2014

Would you chose singleness?

It's hard as a single person to know that people assume you have extra free time; it's easy for others to "take advantage" because you don't have to spend time building a relationship with your spouse. I'll be the first one to admit that I have more free time than most of my married friends. Especially the ones with kids. However, I still get grumpy. Why am I picked to work holidays, weekends, etc., simply because I didn't have a family to go home to? It didn't seem fair. Then I made the mistake of talking to my mom. She doesn't let me get away with much, including complaining. She reminded me that Paul says that part of the blessing of being single is having more time to devote to serving God. That might mean that we work the holiday shift, or the late night, or help out when no one else can. Are have the freedom that parents don't have. We may still be quite busy, but often our lives have a bit more flexibility than someone with a toddler. Are you willing to work harder than your co-workers? Are you willing to give up your free time? Are you willing to live as the bride of Christ, and devote your time to your heavenly husband?

Check out this article on being single as an act of worship. Let me know what you think!

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/relationship/blog/23317-pursuing-singleness

No comments:

Post a Comment